LSQSH 3rd annual Conference.
The "Lebanese Society for Quality & Safety in Healthcare" (LSQSH) , announces its 3rd Annual Conference that will take place at Crown Plaza on September 18th and 19th 2015.
Save this date on your calendar to attend this event and meet international experts on "Patient Engagement".
Call for abstract
5th Patient Safety Middle East Conference
Will take place on 4-6 October 2015 in Dubai, UAE, featuring accredited conferences with focus on enhancing error reporting systems, educating providers and adopting innovative technologies in the region. A special registration discount is offered for LSQSH members. For further information
ASQ MENA conference
We are proud to announce our support for The Regional Quality Conference organized by the "American Society for Quality, MENA".
A special registration discount is offered for LSQSH members. For further details:
ASQ MENA 2015
Article Of The Month
MIDDLE EAST RESPIRATORY SYNDROME-MERS
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) is viral respiratory illness first reported in Saudi Arabia in 2012. It is caused by a coronavirus called MERS-CoV. Most people who have been confirmed to have MERS-CoV infection developed severe acute respiratory illness. They had fever, cough, and shortness of breath. About 30% of people confirmed to have MERS-CoV infection have died. read more
The ABC's of Antibiotics :
• Ask "Are these antibiotics necessary?"
"what can i do to feel better?"
• Bacteria: antibiotics do not kill viruses. They only kill bacteria.
• Complete the course. click to read more...
Tip of the month
Reduce Medical Errors by Standardizing Patients Handoffs
1. Manage daily shift change with a structured sign-out protocol
2. Use face-to-face handoffs whenever possible - listen and take notes
3. Alert the patient to a change in care by introducing the new doctor
4. Document a recap of care provided and allow follow-up issues
5. Implement a transitions checklist
For members only:
Get a special discount upon registration for a Lean Certificate course. For more info: click here