A lecture was conducted on September27th 2014, at Movempick Hotel during the “Lebanese Orthopedic Society” orthopedic meeting.
Our president, Dr Rola Hammoud talked to orthopedic surgeons on “ Errors in the Operating rooms”; their frequency and their outcomes. She tackled the human factors engineering topic that plays an essential role in identifying system failures that predispose for occurrence of errors. Then the strategy of reducing errors in the surgical setup was discussed with attendees.
Article Of The Month
MIDDLE EAST RESPIRATORY SYNDROME-MERS
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) is viral respiratory illness first reported in Saudi Arabia in 2012. It is caused by a coronavirus called MERS-CoV. Most people who have been confirmed to have MERS-CoV infection developed severe acute respiratory illness. They had fever, cough, and shortness of breath. About 30% of people confirmed to have MERS-CoV infection have died. read more
The ABC's of Antibiotics :
• Ask "Are these antibiotics necessary?"
"what can i do to feel better?"
• Bacteria: antibiotics do not kill viruses. They only kill bacteria.
• Complete the course. click to read more...
Tip of the month
How to make your patients satisfied
1. Call them by their names
2. Know their interest and ask them about it
3. Listen carefully to what they say
4. Proper communication , ask to repeat important information
5. Educate them on their disease and treatment : they will help you in their care