Our 4th Annual Congress on Healthcare Quality and Safety Will be held on September 23rd and 24that the Monroe Hotel, Beirut. Two intensive days of lectures and workshops where you can meet local and international experts from Cleveland Clinic, IHI and WHO. For the first time we will be hosting a public awareness campaign on safe management of diabetes.
For further details click here
For registration: http://events.trustandtraders.com/e/LSQSH
The American Society for Quality (ASQ) is holding the 2nd ASQ MEA Regional Quality Conference 2016 from the 19th-20th October at Taj, Dubai.
The 2nd ASQ MEA Regional Quality Conference 2016 will help align quality professionals with the regional need of “Innovation and Best Practices in Quality".
It will be a forum for ideas and international network of thought leaders, experts and peers who are eager to share their best practices, tested solutions and proven results.
At the conference, delegates can demonstrate commitment to quality, be preview to some expert advice, benchmark the levels of quality, network and enhance their career development.
Event Name: ASQ MEA Conference 2016
Date: 19-20 October 2016
Venue: Taj Dubai, UAE
Telephone: +971 43116300
On behalf of the American Society for Quality MENA region, we would like to invite you and your students to be part of the ASQ Student case study competition.
For more info click here
for patient safety
1- Clean hands for safe care
2- Improve safety of high alert medications
3- Effective communication enhances safe care
4- Patient engagement in their safety
5- Reduce risk of harm resulting from patient fall
6- Identify your patient every time
7- Use WHO surgical safety checklist
TIPS TO CELEBRATE PATIENT SAFETY AT YOUR ORGANIZATION
1. Post reminders throughout your facility about the importance of safe care. - Update your computer screen savers with the Patient initiative.
- Recognize your patient safety champions by giving them Patient Safety Champion stickers.
- Create your special item for patient safety at your organization to be collaboratively used: T-Shirts, Hats, bracelets, pins…etc...
2. Host an event or several events to recognize patient safety efforts at your organization. - Poster presentations of your organization’s successful safety efforts.
- Recognize staff and committees that work every day to provide safe care.
- Host events in the cafeteria with snacks or dessert or something special to celebrate safety at your organization.
- Hold safety-focused training during Patient Safety Awareness Week.
- Contact a local TV or Radio to host a spokesperson to share patient safety activities and highlights.
- Conduct “Safety Culture Survey”.
3. Share your safety successes by submitting a Poster Presentation for the 4th Annual LSQSH quality conference in October.
4. Encourage Patients and Families
to Be Safe by:
- Posting promotional materials in your facility, such as the posters downloadable for www.lsqsh.org
- Offering a suggestion box for patients and families.
5. Improve patient safety in these areas:
- Adverse Drug Events
- Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)
- Central Line Associated Blood Stream Infections (CLABSI)
- Injuries from Fall and Immobility
- Obstetrical Adverse Events
- Pressure Ulcers
- Preventable Readmissions
- Surgical Site Infections
- Venous Thromboembolism
- Ventilator Associated Event/Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
Tip of the month
Reduce Medical Errors by Standardizing Patients Handoffs
1. Manage daily shift change with a structured sign-out protocol
2. Use face-to-face handoffs whenever possible - listen and take notes
3. Alert the patient to a change in care by introducing the new doctor
4. Document a recap of care provided and allow follow-up issues
5. Implement a transitions checklist
For members only:
Get a special discount upon registration for a Lean Certificate course. For more info: click here