Save the date: 2nd LSQSH Annual Congress
LSQSH announces its 2nd annual congress on September 20th 2014.
Save the date to join us & meet international experts.
Pre- Congress Workshop on Patient Safety : September 18th and 19th.
Call For Abstracts and Posters
For registration call Infomed
Executive Quality Academy
An exceptional program for senior leaders and their teams will be held in Dubai on November 4-6 this year.
The Executive Quality Academy (EQA) builds on IHI’s accumulated experience working with hundreds of hospitals and health care organizations all over the world, including most of the leading lights in quality and safety. It’s a results-driven program designed to help executives and their teams accelerate the rate of improvement to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
Attendees learn the IHI High Impact Leadership Framework for Improvement and Innovation as well as proven strategies to eliminate waste from clinical support processes and leave with the tools to radically change an organization’s culture to increase capacity and strengthen teams.
Details of the program can be found here .
This is the first time the IHI Executive Quality Academy has been held in the Middle East
Article Of The Month
MIDDLE EAST RESPIRATORY SYNDROME-MERS
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) is viral respiratory illness first reported in Saudi Arabia in 2012. It is caused by a coronavirus called MERS-CoV. Most people who have been confirmed to have MERS-CoV infection developed severe acute respiratory illness. They had fever, cough, and shortness of breath. About 30% of people confirmed to have MERS-CoV infection have died.
Patient Under Investigation (PUI)
A patient under investigation (PUI) is a person with the following characteristics:
A. Fever (≥38°C, 100.4°F) and pneumonia or acute respiratory distress syndrome (based on clinical or radiological evidence) AND EITHER:
- a history of travel from countries in or near the Arabian Peninsula1 within 14 days before symptom onset, OR
- close contact with a symptomatic traveler who developed fever and acute respiratory illness (not necessarily pneumonia) within 14 days after traveling from countries in or near the Arabian Peninsula read more
Tip of the month
How to make your patients satisfied
1. Call them by their names
2. Know their interest and ask them about it
3. Listen carefully to what they say
4. Proper communication , ask to repeat important information
5. Educate them on their disease and treatment : they will help you in their care